The effect of worrying comes along with anxiety and an overwhelming feeling of being stuck. Stuck in a pattern that can make us sick. We all have been at this stage in over lives, where we overgeneralize and worry.
In the past I have found myself stuck in with my biggest fears, where i’m weighing out the worst possible outcomes of some of my decisions the “this” and the “that” and playing things out in my head in different direction not realizing that I was actually creating problems that didn’t even exist yet.
Questions that can make you stuck in a state of worrying, which creates anxiety and gives you a feeling of being overwhelmed: Should I do this? Should I do that? What if I did this what would happen? And if I do this then maybe that would happen? Ok well what if I tried this and what if I fail? What if i’m making the wrong decision? Will they be angry with me? What will they think about me? What if I get hurt? I’m afraid this might happen as a result of my decision…. STOP give yourself permission to stop worrying.
5 Ways To Worry Less:
- Recognize that worrying is not helping, all worrying does is drain your energy and stress you out
- Recognize the moment you begin to start worrying and give yourself permission to stop. You need to remind yourself regularly.
- Practice Mindfulness at least 20 minutes per day. Mindfulness meditation can teach you how to let go of your thoughts that are troubling to you.
- Try to make a clear distinction between a real actual problem or an imagined scenario that hasn’t happened yet.
- Please be patient with yourself. Practicing and learning how to worry less will take time don’t rush the process.
Please feel free to comment below, I would love to hear your thoughts