Most people define forgiveness as giving up our right to hurt you, for hurting me. So what’s forgiveness really for? Why is it so important for everyone? Forgiveness means that we do not have to hear the person who has done us wrong say they’re sorry in order for us to move forward with our lives. Forgiveness is designed to set the victim free. It has nothing to do with the perpetrator or letting them off the hook for hurting us.
A lot of people get so angry when we suggest forgiving the person that did you wrong, not knowing that forgiveness is for us to set ourselves free from holding onto to pain, hurt, anger, resentment and from being a victim. For us to be free, or have a peace of mind we need to let go of the hurt, the pain that was done to us, when we hold on to this we are only harming ourselves.
Why Should We Forgive?
- Forgiveness sets us free
- It helps us to move forward with our lives
- Forgiveness begins our healing process
- It removes the anger and malice from your heart
- When we forgive we are no longer giving this person control over your mind and heart
- Forgiveness gives us a peace of mind
- We all have the power to forgive
- Forgiveness is the best revenge
- Forgiveness is one of life’s greatest teachers
- Forgiveness helps us release from the victim mentality
Any questions queries or concerns please feel free to comment below, I would love to hear you thoughts